|Page (1) of 1 - 03/14/18||email article||print page|
NEW ORLEANS, March 14, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Chef Philip Speer of Bonhomie and Executive Chef & Owner Callie Speer of Holy Roller will host an "Austin Sizzle" dinner at the prestigious James Beard House in New York City on March 22, 2018, at 7 p.m.
"Austin Sizzle guests can expect the Bonhomie menu with a Holy Roller scuff up," says Chef Philip Speer of the dinner.
The collaborative dinner featuring the cuisines of husband-and-wife duo draws influence from Philip's bistro fare and Callie's rock 'n' roll cuisine. Prepared and presented in the historic James Beard House kitchen, the chefs will join a number of culinary masters from around the world who have secured a highly distinguished James Beard Dinner.
"The dinner falls at a perfect time as we gear up to celebrate Bonhomie's 1-year anniversary," says Chef Philip Speer. "The James Beard Foundation brings together many acclaimed chefs and I am honored to cook alongside my wife in celebration of the Austin dining community."
The James Beard House hosts over 200 dinners annually featuring selected, acclaimed chefs, preparing tasting menus. Notable past chefs have included Daniel Boulud, Emeril Lagasse, Nobu Matsuhisa, Jacques Pépin, Marcus Samuelsson, and Charlie Trotter. The dinners are held to raise funds and awareness for the James Beard Foundation.
The full menu is as follows:
Passed Hors d'Oeuvres
- Skuna Bay Salmon Pastrami Rösti with Sauerkraut, Dijonaise, and Micro-Arugula
- French Onion Éclairs with Gruyère Ganache, Cheese Toast Tuiles, and Chervil
- Breakfast Tacos with Heirloom Blue Corn Masa, Sweet Potatoes, Mole, Soft Eggs, and Corn Shoots
- Skuna Bay Salmon Tartare with Fish Chicharrón, Avocado, Macadamia Nuts, Cucumber, and Basil
- Delicata Squash with African-Spiced Yogurt, Golden Raisins, Roasted Cashews, and Micro-Coriander
- Gulf Crab with Parisian Gnocchi, Herb Purée, and Brown Butter
- Pan-Roasted Pork Chop with Crispy Sunchokes, Pear Butter, Foie Gras Soubise, and Chives
- Impossible Crème Brûlée with Caramelized Sugar, Almond Genoise, and Valrhona Chocolate
Austin Sizzle will be held at the James Beard House in New York City on Thursday, March 22, 2018, beginning at 7:00 PM. Tickets are $135 for members and $175 for the public. Reservations required. The dinner will be live streamed from the James Beard Kitchen Cam at 6:15 p.m. the night of the event. For more information on the event, visit: https://www.jamesbeard.org/events/austin-sizzle or call 212.627.2308.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved