|Page (1) of 1 - 09/19/13||email article||print page|
Ace's Design Experts Share Tips to Give Your Home an Updated Look This Fall
OAK BROOK, IL -- (Marketwired) -- 09/19/13 -- Today, Ace Hardware, the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the industry, announces its top paint color and décor trends for fall 2013, chosen by Ace's panel of Design Experts. Nature-inspired color palettes and décor are trending this season to reflect the changing colors of the outdoors; rich shades of red, auburn and pumpkin paired with warm neutrals such as mocha and chocolate will be accented by deep jewel tones in shades of emerald, purple, deep pink and blue.
With over 30 years of combined experience in interior design and color selection, the Design Experts -- Katie Reynolds (Dallas, Texas), Nathan Fischer (Orange County, Calif.) and Julie Richard (Boston, Mass.) -- hand-selected their top color recommendations for fall 2013 from the Clark+Kensington® paint+primer in one color palette. The palette, featuring 120 harmonious colors that work together seamlessly, takes the guesswork out of the color selection process to help homeowners achieve a designer look throughout the home.
"Fall is the perfect time to paint and redecorate your home in order to get a head start on the busy holiday entertaining season," said Reynolds. "The Clark+Kensington fall color palette offers 15 inspiring colors to help homeowners easily bring the rich tones of the season into their homes, no matter what their personal design style and aesthetic may be!"
Based off of the season's most anticipated design trends, Ace's Design Experts have selected the following Clark+Kensington colors for fall 2013:
- Jewel tones, including emerald green, will continue to be popular this season. Ground these pops of color with neutral hues like Buttermilk Biscuit 5036, Central Park 3024 or Butterfly 3016.
- Equestrian palettes with warm hues including Apple Grove 2034 and Kings Canyon 2018 will be on trend, especially when paired with brass, leather and wood décor accents.
- Give the kitchen a quick makeover with a bold cabinet facelift. Try a rich shade of dark brown like Spanish Eyes 2044 and add accents of red and pink, such as Hibiscus 4066, for a touch of drama.
- To give a room a rich, masculine feel use shades of darker green and blue like Carriage Hill 2024 and City Nights 1048. Add gold accents in the form of a lamp or mirror to complement these darker shades.
- Base colors like Caramel Ganache 3034 and Morning Espresso 5038 will be popular as people move toward warmer hues this season.
- Inspired by the beautiful fall colors in nature, shades of auburn and pumpkin like Smoked Paprika 4048 and Autumn Gourd 5018 are a great way to bring seasonal outdoor tones inside.
- Set the stage for holiday entertaining by creating a cozy entry foyer in darker shades like Hickory Bark 3064 or Strong Current 5024.
Once the colors are selected, Ace's Design Experts recommend the following fall décor tips to assist homeowners in freshening up their homes this season:
- Look outdoors for inspiration -- nature-inspired graphic details will be a big trend. A faux bois design on an entry floor is a stunning, unique way to welcome guests into the home.
- Kitchens are getting more cozy and rustic this season. After a run of modern countertops, handmade tiles and weathered flooring will regain popularity and offer a more timeless feel.
- Use grayed out wood tones throughout the home to show off wood grain. These tones work well as flooring, dining tables or even smaller accent pieces for a distinct, on-trend look.
- Natural elements such as branches or stones are becoming increasingly popular as unique art displays. Display a branch or stone on a bookcase for a designer touch.
- Look for products that show some life this fall. Handmade accent tiles, vintage items, distressed wood flooring and reclaimed materials are very popular this season.
Clark+Kensington, a premium line of paint+primer in one, is available exclusively at Ace Hardware and its satin and semi-gloss finishes were ranked #1 by a leading consumer magazine in recent tests of interior paints. The paint line features 120 colors that harmoniously work together to offer homeowners the ability to create a space that matches their personal color and décor preferences.
For more information on Clark+Kensington, Ace's Design Experts or the Fall 2013 color trends, please stop by your local Ace Hardware Store or visit www.pinterest.com/acehardware.
About Ace Hardware
For nearly 90 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the place with the helpful hardware folks in thousands of neighborhoods across America, providing customers with a more personal kind of helpful. In 2013, Ace ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Improvement Retail Stores, Seven Years in a Row" according to J.D. Power. With more than 4,700 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest hardware cooperative in the industry. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries currently operate 14 distribution centers in the U.S and also have distribution capabilities in Shanghai, China; Panama City, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 60 countries. For more information on Ace, visit www.acehardware.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire